- Officially: Republic of Haiti
- Capital: Port-au-Prince
- Population: 10.2 million
- Languages: Creole, French
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 61 years (men), 64 years (women)
- Currency: gourde
- Area: 27,750 sq km (10,714 sq miles)
- Haiti is a Caribbean nation that shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic to the east.
- The 2010 earthquake killed more than 200,000 and caused extensive damage to infrastructure and the economy.
- Haiti is a former French colony
- Chronic instability, dictatorships, natural disasters have lead Haiti to being the poorest nation in all the Americas.
- The island is accessible by sea or air.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet