- Officially: Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Capital: Luxembourg City
- Population: 576,000 residents
- Languages: French, German, Luxembourgish
- Many of its inhabitants are trilingual
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 78 years (men), 83 years (women)
- Member of the European Union
- Currency: Euro
Safety and Security
- Luxembourg is one of the worlds 10 safest travel destinations.
- Luxembourg City is one of the three official capitals of the E.U.
- When ranked by its GDP, Luxembourg is the second richest country in the world
- It has the highest minimum wage in the EU
- The motto of the country is ‘mir wëllebleiwewatmirsinn’, which means ‘we want to remain what we are’.
- It is one of the founding states of the Schengen area agreement, which was signed in 14 June 1985 in the village of Schengen in Luxembourg.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet