Republic of Estonia
- Capital » Tallinn
- Population » 1.3 million
- Languages » Estonian, Russian
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 70 years (men), 80 years (women)
- E.U. member country » since 1 May 2004
- Currency » euro
- First Baltic country to adopt the euro in 2011
- Area » 45,227 sq km (17,462 sq miles)
- Bordered to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia, to the north by the Gulf of Finland and to the east by Lake Peipus and Russia.
- This flatland country also consists of 2,222 islands and islets in the Baltic Sea.
- Its government signed the Schengen agreement in April 2003.
UNESCO World Heritage
- Tallinn – a magical capital city (UNESCO / Map)
- Its medieval Old Town proudly boasts UNESCO World Heritage Status and is one of Europe’s best-preserved walled cities.
- It is one of Europe’s least crowded countries.
- Cost of living is below average.
This page was updated May 6, 2023