- Population: 79,300
- Major languages: Catalan (official language), Spanish, French
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 81 years (men), 87 years (women)
- Currency: Euro
- Area: 468 sq km (180.55 sq miles)
- Situated in Europe between France and Spain, high in the Pyrenees mountains.
- Andorra is a tiny, independent principality.
- It’s known for its ski resorts and a tax-haven status that encourages duty-free shopping.
- Tourism accounts for about 80% of GDP.
- Andorra is outside the Schengen Agreement and maintains border controls with the EU.
- People who require a visa to enter the Schengen area and are planning to travel to Andorra should ensure they are in possession of a multiple-entry visa. Holders of a single-entry visa may face delays and may be refused re-entry when trying to return to France or Spain.
Last Updated on January 7, 2019