- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Mamlakat al-Baḥrayn
- Population: 1.4 million
- Major language: Arabic
- Major religion: Islam
- Life expectancy: 75 years (men), 76 years (women)
- Currency: Bahraini dinar (BHD)
- Area: 765.3 square kilometres (295.5 sq mi) – The third-smallest nation in Asia, after the Maldives and Singapore.
- An island nation in the Middle East. A sovereign nation comprising more than 30 islands in the Arabian Gulf (aka Persian Gulf).
- Connected to Saudi Arabia by the 25-kilometre (16 mile) King Fahd Causeway.
- Member of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf
- The Sunni-run kingdom has both onshore and offshore oil reserves, but is comparatively a small producer, refusing to join the OPEC cartel.
- Often accused of human rights abuses.
- Home to the US Navy’s Fifth Fleet.
This page was updated May 3, 2023