World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO International Travel and Health website
Government Travel Health Advice
- Health Canada
- New Zealand
- UK TravelHealthPro – Public Health England
- US CDC Travelers Health Destination list
- US Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Malaria and Travellers
- US CDC Yellow Book
- US’s current travel health guidelines, including pre-travel vaccine recommendations, destination-specific health advice, 60 reference maps, and more.
Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook, by David Werner
- Excellent resource to have on hand. Available in lightweight digital formats.
- This is about the best single medical book to have with you. It provides simple, clear information to allow ordinary people to practice informed self-care. Instead of telling you to see a doctor and leaving it at that, this book tells you what to do when a doctor is unavailable.
- With over a millions copies sold, The book is available for purchase, in either book form or on CD, at Hesperian’s bookstore. All chapters can also be downloaded individually free of charge in PDF format. Download or buy from the publisher’s online bookstore.
This page was updated March 30, 2023