4 (or more) Wheels
- 42Strong – Jordan & Forest, two Alaskans driving to Ushuaia & back from NYC in a 2009 Subaru Forester.
- A2A Expedition – The Bells, a family of four overlanding the world with their Land Rover Defender camper.
- Alaskawilds – Günter and Sissi traveling in Mexico, Central America and South America in an XP Camper.
- Bodes Well – A family of 3 left California in August of 2009 with the idea of traveling for a year. More than 8 years and 23 countries later, they are still on the road.
- Dare2Go – Yasha + Juergen – after 4 years in South-America, they are now in Europe.
- Desk to Glory
- Heidi Hetzer – In 2014, at the age of 76, Hetzer started the ultimate road trip, a world tour in her 1930’s Hudson Greater Eight, which she called Hudo. She returned home to Germany in 2017. Hetzer died two years later, in April 2019, at the age of 81.
- Ilka & Günther Weingaertner– on the road since 2013.
- Joe and Josée’s Journey
- John and Mandi
- Liliana and Emil Schmid – They have been overlanding in their 1982 Toyota LandCruiser FJ60 since 1984. They hold several Guinness Book of World Records, and they are still going. (Photos above)
- Landcruising Adventure – Karin-Marijke Vis & Coen Wubbels, two Dutch wanderers, have been on the road in their 1984 Land Cruiser BJ45 since 2003. Practical, real world advice on long-term slow travel on a small budget. For them it’s less about how many countries they can check off their bucket list. I return to their site quite often. Karin-Marijke also writes the Notes On Slow Travel blog.
- Mali Mish – An American family of 5, now in Europe, in a self-built Sprinter van.
- Manon Ossevoort – She drove from the Netherlands, through Africa, all the way to the South Pole, on a tractor.
- The Next Big Adventure
- Otto’s Journey – Gunther Holtorf, his partner Christine, and their Mercedes 300 GD they named Otto travelled for 26-years across 215 countries.
- Overland Diaries
- Overland the Americas
- Pablo Rey and Anna Callau – In 2000 they left Barcelona in the hopes of going around the world in a 4×4 van in 4 years. 18 years and they are still on the road. Love it!
- The Road Chose Me – Dan Grec, author of a couple of books, is currently overlanding Africa.
- Rouletout – Berna Fuchslueger and Ulf Fuchslueger and their dog Mutlu overlanding the world in a Mercedes Atego 1225.
- Swiss Nomads – Reni and Marcel have been on the road since 2007
- There Today
- This Must Be The Place
- Trans-Americas Journey – Karen Catchpole and Eric Mohl on the road since 2006
- The Traveling Together Journal – Matt and Amie travelling Central America and more // YouTube
- Tread the Globe – Marianne and Chris quit our jobs and sold our belongings to travel full time. They hope to visit as many countries as they can in their motorhome and otherwise // YouTube
- Tucks Travels in a Truck – Marcus and Julie Tuck – Lots of good information from personal experiences.
- The Turtle Expedition – Gary and Monica Wescott’s overland adventures. These may have been the people that first introduced me to overlanding. They have been overlanding since 1972.
- VW Vagabonds
- Van Travellers – Lidia & Javi have been on their world trip since 2014 in a VW T4
- Where’s My Office Now
- Wild Journey
- 2RideTheWorld – Lisa and Simon Thomas have been on the road since 2003.
If you know of other inspirational overlanders, please do let me know.
Please Note: I do not link to Facebook pages, or Facebook owned brands including WhatsApp and Instagram.