4 (or more) Wheels
- 42Strong – Jordan & Forest, two Alaskans driving to Ushuaia & back from NYC in a 2009 Subaru Forester.
- A2A Expedition – The Bells, a family of four overlanding the world with their Land Rover Defender camper.
- Alaskawilds – Günter and Sissi traveling in Mexico, Central America and South America in an XP Camper.
- Bodes Well – A family of 3 left California in August of 2009 with the idea of traveling for a year. More than 8 years and 23 countries later, they are still on the road.
- Dare2Go – Yasha + Juergen – after 4 years in South-America, they are now in Europe.
- Desk to Glory
- Ilka & Günther Weingaertner– on the road since 2013.
- Joe and Josée’s Journey
- John and Mandi
- Liliana and Emil Schmid – They have been overlanding in their 1982 Toyota LandCruiser FJ60 since 1984. They hold several Guinness Book of World Records, and they are still going. (Photos above)
- Landcruising Adventure – Karin-Marijke Vis & Coen Wubbels, two Dutch wanderers, have been on the road in their 1984 Land Cruiser BJ45 since 2003. Practical, real world advice on long-term slow travel on a small budget. For them it’s less about how many countries they can check off their bucket list. I return to their site quite often. Karin-Marijke also writes the Notes On Slow Travel blog.
- Mali Mish – An American family of 5, now in Europe, in a self-built Sprinter van.
- Manon Ossevoort – She drove from the Netherlands, through Africa, all the way to the South Pole, on a tractor.
- The Next Big Adventure
- Otto’s Journey – Gunther Holtorf, his partner Christine, and their Mercedes 300 GD they named Otto travelled for 26-years across 215 countries.
- Overland Diaries
- Overland the Americas
- Pablo Rey and Anna Callau – In 2000 they left Barcelona in the hopes of going around the world in a 4×4 van in 4 years. 18 years and they are still on the road. Love it!
- The Road Chose Me – Dan Grec, author of a couple of books, is currently overlanding Africa.
- Rouletout – Berna Fuchslueger and Ulf Fuchslueger and their dog Mutlu overlanding the world in a Mercedes Atego 1225.
- Swiss Nomads – Reni and Marcel have been on the road since 2007
- There Today
- This Must Be The Place
- Trans-Americas Journey – Karen Catchpole and Eric Mohl on the road since 2006
- The Traveling Together Journal – Matt and Amie travelling Central America and more // YouTube
- Tread the Globe – Marianne and Chris quit our jobs and sold our belongings to travel full time. They hope to visit as many countries as they can in their motorhome and otherwise // YouTube
- Tucks Travels in a Truck – Marcus and Julie Tuck – Lots of good information from personal experiences.
- The Turtle Expedition – Gary and Monica Wescott’s overland adventures. These may have been the people that first introduced me to overlanding. They have been overlanding since 1972.
- VW Vagabonds
- Van Travellers – Lidia & Javi have been on their world trip since 2014 in a VW T4
- Where’s My Office Now
- Wild Journey
- 2RideTheWorld – Lisa and Simon Thomas have been on the road since 2003.
If you know of other inspirational overlanders, please do let me know.
Please Note: I do not link to Facebook pages, or Facebook owned brands including WhatsApp and Instagram.