- Officially: Kingdom of Sweden
- Capital: Stockholm
- Population: 9.8 million
- Language: Swedish
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 80 years (men), 84 years (women)
- Joined the European Union in 1995
- Currency: krona
- Area: 449,964 sq km (173,732 sq miles)
- Sweden is a Scandinavian country located in Northern Europe.
- A Scandinavian nation with thousands of coastal islands and inland lakes
- Land borders with Norway and Finland.
- The country connects with Denmark by a bridge-tunnel across the Öresund, a strait at the Swedish-Danish border.
- Unemployment is low and the economy strong.
- The Swedes enjoy an advanced welfare system. Their standard of living and life expectancy are among the highest in the world.
- Relative to its population size, Sweden has taken in more migrants than any other EU country since the beginning of the migration crisis in 2015.
- Sweden signed the Schengen agreement in 09 December 1996 and started implementing it later on 25 March 2001.
- More Info: Schengen Visa Info (Private web site)
- Taking a break for a cup of coffee is known as Fika.
- Enjoy everything from a cappuccino to a kaffee latte, but the classic black drip coffee is standard.
- At home, Swedish people are known to make kokkaffe – or boiled coffee.
- SSA – Sweden’s national amateur radio society)
- “Foreign radio amateurs with a CEPT HAREC (acc. T/R 61-01) license can, for a stay of up to three months, without a special permit operate amateur radio in Sweden.”
Safety & Security
- Sweden is NOT a member of NATO but cooperate in peace and security operations