- Officially » República del Ecuador
- English » Republic of Ecuador
- Capital » Quito
- Largest City » Guayaquil
- Population » 16.5 million
- Major languages » Spanish, indigenous languages
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 73 years (men), 79 years (women)
- Currency » US dollar
- Area » 272,045 sq km (105,037 sq miles)
- The Galapagos Islands, an archipelago of volcanic origin, are situated 926 km (575 mi) west of continental Ecuador
- The Galapagos Islands are a province of Ecuador.
- Bordered by the Pacific Ocean in west, Colombia to the north, and Peru to the south and east.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet