South Africa 🇿🇦
- South Africa is the second most popular African tourist destination after Morocco.
- The sailing conditions around the southern tip of Africa, the Cape of Good Hope, are among the most dangerous in the world.
News about South Africa
- Security in the cities and urban areas is a concern. Call the police (10111 or 112 from a mobile phone) at the first sign of danger.
- You may judge the amount of much crime in a many areas by the amount houses and businesses protect themselves with fences, barbed wire, guard dogs, security guards, and electronic alarm systems.
- It is not advisable to walk anywhere at night. Even during the day, it is advisable do so in groups. Avoid isolated beaches and picnic spots.
- When driving, keep to main roads. Avoid driving at night when visiting Northern KwaZulu Natal, and Zululand. Hi-jacking and robbery, particularly on isolated secondary roads, is common. Be vigilant on the approach roads to and from Kruger Park where there have been cases of car hijacking.
- Due to thefts at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, consider vacuum-wraping or shrink-wraping luggage where regulations permit. Keep all valuables in carry-on luggage.
- Hikers should stick to popular trails. There have been violent attacks on hikers and tourists on Table Mountain.