- Morocco is the most popular tourist destination in Africa.
- Tourism is one of the key sectors of the Moroccan economy.
- Morocco is investing in its port, transportation, and industrial infrastructure to position itself as a center for business throughout Africa.
- Many Europeans winter in Morocco.
- 3 month visas can be extended once, for a maximum of a 6 month stay.
News about Morocco
- Morocco is considered generally safer than other North African countries, however there are times of unrest.
- Hustlers can be a problem throughout Morocco, especially in Tangier.
- There are often reports of corruption, thefts, and break-ins.
- Tourists are often obliged to pay an “anti-terrorist” tax of €90, although it is not known if this is an official charge.
- The is a much terrorism along southern border with Western Sahara and this region should be considered very dangerous.
- Homosexuality remains criminalized and is punishable with a prison term in both Morocco and Western Sahara.