- Officially: Republic of Macedonia
- (listed by the UN as The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)
- Capital: Skopje
- Population: 2.1 million
- Languages: Macedonian, Albanian
- Religions: Christianity, Islam
- Life expectancy: 73 years (men), 77 years (women)
- Currency: denar
- Area: 25,713 sq km (9,928 sq miles)
- A country in Southeast Europe
- A landlocked nation that is bordered by Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, and Albania.
- The UNWTO reported that in 2017 Macedonia had the 10 largest percentage increase in international tourist arrivals.
- One of the poorest countries in Europe
News about Macedonia