- Population: 261 million
- Major languages: Indonesian, plus 300 regional languages
- Major religion: Islam
- Indonesia has the world’s largest Muslim population
- Life expectancy: 67 years (men), 71 years (women)
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type C and Type F.
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Emergency Number: 110
- The Gallop organization ranked Indonesia one of the 10 safest countries to visit.
- Spread across a chain of thousands of islands between Asia and Australia.
- Southeast Asia’s biggest economy.
- Automatic teller machines are common in Indonesia.
- Area: 1.9 million sq km (742,308 sq miles)
- Drive on the left side
News about Indonesia