- Population: 56,200
- Major languages: Greenlandic, Danish
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 68 years (men), 73 years (women)
- Currency: Danish krone
- Area: 2.17m sq km (840,000 sq miles
- Greenland is a self-governing part of the Kingdom of Denmark and has been inhabited for over 4500 years.
- Greenland is the least densely populated country in the world with 0.03 people per square kilometer.
- Population of roughly 56,000
- Most of Greenland is covered in ice, with the population residing mainly along the rocky west coast.
- If Greenland’s ice were to melt, sea levels worldwide would rise by 7 meters. – a telling statistic for the geography and inhabitation of the three islands.
News about Greenland
This page was last updated on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 by Robert Vinet