- Population: 34,571 residence
- Languages: English (official), Spanish, Llanito
- Currency: Gibraltar pound
- Area: 6.7 km2 (2.6 sq mi)
- A limestone outcrop on the southern tip of the Iberian peninsula
- Gibraltarians are British citizens.
- A British overseas territory, Gibraltar has been ruled by Britain since 1713 under the terms of the Treaty of Utrecht.
- Spain continues to claim sovereignty over the territory
- Gibraltar is self-governing in all areas except defence and foreign policy.
- With no large-scale agricultural or industrial activity, much of Gibraltar’s income comes from customs duties, offshore finance, internet gaming, tourism and the provisioning of ships.
- It’s dominated by the Rock of Gibraltar, a 426m-high limestone ridge.
- There are the remains of a 14th-century Moorish Castle and the 18th century Great Siege Tunnels
- Drive on the Right
- There is free travel between Spain and Gibraltar