- Falkland Islands are under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom
- The Falkland Islands are technically an archipelago comprised of 778 islands, with two main islands, West & East Falkland.
- With a total population of about 3,000 inhabitants, the Falkland Islands are the third least densely populated territory in the world with a population density of only 0.21 people per square kilometer.
- The Falkland Islands are breeding grounds for a variety of birds.
- The islands themselves are hilly and mountainous, with a cold, windy, and humid clime.