- Officially: State of the Vatican City
- Capital: Vatican City
- Population: about 800
- Languages Latin (official), Italian
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 81 years (women)
- Currency: euro
- Area: 0.44 sq km (0.17 sq mile)
- The landlocked nation is surrounded by the Italian capital city Rome
- Smallest country in Europe, and the world, and smallest landlocked country.
- The Vatican City packs many imposing buildings including St Peter’s Basilica.
- The Vatican Museums and Art Galleries house the priceless art collections of the popes.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet