- Officially: Republic of Belarus
- Capital: Minsk
- Population: 9.5 million
- Less than 15 yo: 16.6%
- More than 65 yo: 14.7%
- Major languages: Russian, Belarusian (both official)
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 69 years (men), 79 years (women)
- Currency: Belarussian rouble
- Area: 207,595 sq km (80,153 sq miles)
- Belarus is an Eastern European landlocked nation.
- Shares land borders with Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, and Latvia.
- More than 40% of the land area of Belarus is covered by forests.
- Visa-free travel to Belarus, from June 21 to June 30, 2019, for 2nd European Games 2019 Link
- Only local residents are allowed to travel by land from Russia to Belarus.
- NOTE: When traveling from Belarus to Russia, there may be no proper border check. It has been reported that it is illegal to cross into one country from the other without going through a proper border control if you are not a Russian or Belarussian citizen. As of December 2018, there are rumours that Russia wants to open an international border crossing at the Minsk-Moscow highway in time for the European Games in June 21 to June 30, 2019.