- Officially: The Republic of Albania
- Capital: Tirana
- Population: 3.2 million
- Major language: Albanian
- Major religions: Islam, Christianity
- Life expectancy 74 years (men), 80 years (women)
- Currency: lek
- Not a member of the EU
- A small, mountainous country in the southeastern Balkan peninsula, with a long Adriatic and Ionian coastline.
- Shares land borders with Greece to the south, North Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, North Macedonia to the east, and also has a coastline on the Ionian Sea and the Adriatic Sea
- Interior crossed by the Albanian Alps
- The country has many castles and archaeological sites
- European destinations that’s also one of the cheapest places to live in the world
- Ranks fourth as one of the poorest countries in Europe
- Not part of the EU due to the high level of corruption by government officials
- Albania is not part of the Schengen zone.
- Can stay 90 days without a visa. Residency permit required for longer stays.
- Americans can stay for a whole year without a residency permit.
- Unspoiled Albanian Alps
Safety & Security
- NATO member