- Only town » Edinburgh of the Seven Seas
- Tristan da Cunha is the most remote inhabited land mass in the world.
- This British Overseas territory is located 2,800 kilometres and a six-day boat ride from South Africa.
- This semi-polar archipelago houses 245 people, 200,000 penguins, 300,000 fur seals, and more than five million shearwaters.
- Tourism is possible, but the government website warns there are “no hotels, no airport, no holiday reps, no nightclubs, no restaurants, no jet skis and no safe sea swimming.”